Brooklyn Mine was in operation between 1894 and 1953. The mine employed around 72 employees and had in operation around 65 coke ovens. All that remains today is the mine opening, a few remains of buildings, and rail road lines.
Directions: From US- 19 at Fayetteville follow WV-16 south and turn left into Gatewood Road. Follow Gatewood Road 4.6 miles to a left onto Cunard Road. Follow Cunard Rd 1.8 miles to a left onto Cunard River Access Rd and continue 0.8 miles to the parking area for Kaymoor and Brooklyn Mine trailheads. It is a 2.7 mile hike to the mine.